Justin Fox Burks
What makes Las Delicias guacamole so wonderful? Avocados, lime juice, tomatoes, onions, cilantro and jalapenos.
How much do I love Superlo Foods in East Memphis? Let me count down the ways:
10. Superlo is located so close to my house that Tony rides his bike there to shop.
8. The security guard bags groceries when the store gets busy.
7. Cigarettes are so cheap that I wish I was still a smoker.
6. The produce guys grab new lettuce from the back if the head is I want is looking a little wilted.
5. I save at least $10 a bag for groceries compared to Kroger.
4. The store's great prices extend to its excellent selection of beer, including a six-pack of Peroni for $7.99.
3. Superlo has many of the specialty and organic groceries I need, including Fage Greek yogurt and San Marzano tomatoes, crushed, diced or whole.
2. Santitas white corn chips ($1.88) and house-made salsa are a fresh and delicious companion to the number one reason I love Superlo Foods:
1. The stellar (and locally made) guacamole from Las Delicias stacked in the deli case. I'm working my way through the second container this week.