2016 Memphis Magazine Fiction Contest Rules and Guidelines
- Authors must live within 150 miles of Memphis.
- Entries must be postmarked by February 15, 2016.
- You may submit more than one story but each entry must be accompanied by a $10 entry fee, with check or money orders payable toMemphis magazine.
- Each story should be typed, double-spaced, with unstapled, numbered pages. Stories should be between 3,000 and 4,500 words long.
- Stories are not required to have a Memphis or Southern theme.
- With each story should be a cover letter that gives us your name, address, phone number, and the title of your story. Please do not put your name anywhere on the manuscript itself.
- Manuscripts may be previously published as long as previous publication was not in a national magazine with over 20,000 circulation or in a regional publication within Shelby County.
- Manuscripts should be sent to Fiction Contest, c/o Memphis magazine, P.O. Box 1738, Memphis, TN 38101. Please do not send faxes or emails. Authors wishing their manuscripts returned must include a self-addressed stamped envelope with each entry.
The winning story will earn a $1,000 grand prize and be published in a future issue of Memphis. Should the quality of entries warrant, two honorable mention awards of $500 each will be awarded. Winners will be contacted by April 2016.
If you have further questions, please contact Richard Alley at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reading your stories!