Order Memphis magazine food writer Pam Denney's new book, "Food Lover's Guide to Memphis"!
Memphis may be primarily known for its famous barbecue, but this city hosts many chefs who are putting a spin on the traditional Southern style. It turns out there's enough room for comforting home-style barbecue and the exciting farm-fresh flavors of creative local establishments. In Food Lover's Guide to Memphis, seasoned food writer Pam Denney shares the inside scoop on the best places to find, enjoy, and celebrate these culinary treasures. A bounty of mouthwatering delights awaits you in this engagingly written guide.
With delectable recipes from the renowned kitchens of the city's iconic eateries, diners, and elegant dining rooms, Food Lover's Guide to Memphis is the ultimate resource for food lovers to use and savor.
Inside you'll find:
- Favorite restaurants and landmark eateries
- Specialty food stores and markets
- Farmer's markets and farm stands
- Food festivals and culinary events
- The best barbecue spots
- Recipes from top Memphis chefs
- Food trucks
- Wineries, breweries, and cocktail lounges
- Gastropubs, dives, and Beale Street bars
From Glove Pequot Press, 318pp, softcover.
$14.95 plus $3.00 shipping/handling.